Your friends in the Business Since 1996
Ben’s is your local recycling center for old computers, parts, and monitors. We rebuild (if necessary) and
reprogram them, then donate them to those in need in surrounding counties. Hundreds of systems donated over the years! Help us do our small part to help keep unwanted items out of our landfills, while helping others less
fortunate. Also, contact Ben or Lynn today if you know of any adult, child, church, or others in need of a computer donation, and we will do our best to help out.
Free Tech Support!
Our Basic Reprogramming of your operating system starts out at $59. ro $89. (we completely wipe out and
reprogram your windows from scratch as if you just bought the system)
Our Backup charge starts out around $15 to $45. depending on if you 're getting the Reprogramming Service as
Our basic "clean up" charge starts out around $49.
Our basic "settings" charge starts out around $15.
Our prices on most parts and repairs are cheap compared to other stores.
We also provide data recovery! If we can't recover any data or anything that you're needing recovered, we don't charge you any of the labor that was involved trying to recover your data.
Data recovery starts as low as $35 to 65. This includes memory cards, usb flash drives and hard drives!
If your Wife, husband, friend, x friend, son, daughter, neighbors or anyone has purposely format-ed your
devices or drives, Give us a try at, trying to recover your data!!
** New At Ben's Hobby Computers**
As of June 1st 2015. If you've purchased a computer from us or recently had a
laptop or tower system worked on for viruses or OS/reinstall/reprogramming or restore. We give everyone a 30 to 60 Days Warranty depending on the OS.
That's right! We give you warranty on VIRUSES!!! No ifs, ands or buts!
We provide a variety of services for you. All of our services come with a 100%satisfaction guarantee. We will match any competitors' offer.
Ben's Hobby Computers
Ben's Hobby Computers Repair or Purchase Team Repair Sheet and for you (the customer) to check over after we've done the repair!
1. Make sure you connect to your WIFI, before trying to connect back to the internet. (Bottom right beside the clock, it may
have a signal bar or a “yellow starburst” or a “computer with an X” if you're using Windows Vista.) NOTE: If your WIFI is
Protected with a Key or Paraphrase, this number is normally located on the side of the internet box the internet company sent
to you. Also If you use Verizon Mifi/Wifi you will need to call them, if you're having internet issues. We ONLY TEST,
ETHERNET/WIFI and DIAL UP Ports on the computer, to make sure your computer is capable and connects to the internet
and doing it's job. It is up to you: the customer to connect to your internet however you use it, when you get home.
2. We recommend you to use Google Chrome to browse the internet. Internet Explorer is more prone to getting viruses. Chrome has
a built in virus scanner as well.
3. IF WE DID A BACKUP FOR YOU, YOUR BACKUP INFOMATION is stored in a folder on your desktop, Labeled
“BACKUP FOR” then your last name. The only files we can save is Pictures/Documents/Music.
4. When we reprogrammed your PC or Laptop. You need to install your SOFTWARE, we also mention this when you bring in your
PC or Laptop. This also includes you needing to reinstall your PRINTER as well. We install all the needed and necessarily programs
for your daily use and to prevent you from getting viruses trying to download them yourself. If you don't have your cd, you'll
need to go to the website for your printer Example : www.hp.com →look on the site for drivers and downloads →
type example : photojet 360
1. CDBURNER XP for burning cds and dvds
2. Adobe Reader for PDF FILES
3. Microsoft Security Essentials for the Antivirus (or Malwarebytes if you have Windows 8)
4. Openoffice and Kingsoft WPS Office for .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx .ppt, and .pptx
5. VLC Player for all music and videos can be played with this software.
6. For internet browsing, we Install Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.
7. Winrar is for unzipping files.
8. We also install all the newest/latest necessarily plugins such as: Microsoft Silverlight, Adobe Flash Player, Java,
dotNetFramework Adobe Shockwave, and Adobe Air.
5. If you receive a popup saying you need to update java or flash, this is usually a Virus. We recommend closing out! If you use
GOOGLE CHROME, Chrome is designed to automatically updates Java and Flash. Pressing ALT and F4 on the keyboard
FORCE closes out of windows immediately.
6. The WORD/POWERPOINT/EXCEL software we use is OPENOFFICE and KINGSOFT/WPS Office. If you have Microsoft
Office and need to install it, you will need to reinstall the office how ever you installed it before. If you use Openoffice, when
saving files go to File → Save As → Change Save As Type → Choose Office XP, 2000 (doc/xls/ppt). In the long run, you may
want to learn how to use Kingsoft WPS Office, It's becoming more and more popular as the free office software that's out there
and is continuing to update for free!
7. If you get a call from someone saying your computer is infected or whatever, DONT TALK TO THEM AND DONT
GIVE THEM.... MONEY ITS A SCAM. Also MICROSOFT WILL NEVER CALL YOU AS WELL.